Working with local and national agencies to develop and support community physical activity interventions for military veterans.
To link with professional sports clubs, amateur clubs and community organisations to deliver a community based physical activity and sports programme for military veterans to help readjust back into civilian life, improve health and fitness and offer training and development opportunities.
- To provide regular physical activity and social opportunities for veterans.
- To improve physical and mental health of veterans and measurement of programme impact.
- To provide participating clubs with coaching framework, coaching support, competitive match schedule, training and development opportunities.
- Liaison with local and national agencies to identify additional external funding opportunities.
- To provide information, raise awareness and to help access the support services available to veterans.
- To provide initiatives that include family members in programme activities promoting health and physical activity.
- To provide accredited training, employment and volunteering opportunities to veterans.